Registration, Tuition and Barbering Class Schedules
Minimum Requirements for Admission
All students must meet the established minimum requirements before admission to the Barbering program.
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age. Students must provide proof of age at the time of enrollment (i.e. driver’s license, passport or birth certificate).
- All applicants must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent. Students must provide verifiable documentation (i.e. high school diploma, GED). Applicants who meet the minimum requirements for enrollment but do not possess a high school diploma or its equivalent must complete the Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam (SLE) assessment during the enrollment process and achieve the required minimum score.
Bladensburg Barber School has rolling admissions for its Barbering program. New classes begin each month. Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications for enrollment can be submitted on the School website.
Veterans Education Approval
The Maryland Higher Education Commission State Approving Agency for Veterans Education Benefits has approved Bladensburg Barber School to train students under the Veteran’s Bill of Rights. Students may utilize Veterans’ benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), the Montgomery GI Bill® (Chapter 30), Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) (Section 1606 for regular reservists, or Section 1607 if reservist was called up for active duty for a qualifying period of time) and Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35).
Veterans Benefits and Transition Act Compliance Statement
Bladensburg Barber School is in full compliance with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018, Section 3679 of Title 38, United States Code. Bladensburg Barber School will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 beneficiary borrow additional funds to cover the individual’s inability to meet their financial obligations to Bladensburg Barber School due to the delayed disbursement funding from the Department of Veterans Affairs under Chapter 31 or Chapter 33.
“GI Bill®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
To graduate, a student must have successfully met the following conditions:
- Completed all 1200 clock hours of the program with a minimum 80% attendance rate
- Successfully completed all required program assignments
- Attained a minimum overall academic grade of 70%
- Passed a written final examination with a minimum score of 70%
- Fulfilled all financial obligations to the school
Upon completion of the program, the student will receive a Certificate of Completion and the application to begin the State Board Examination process.
To register for licensing by the State Board of Barbers, students must complete an application with PSI. Applications are available in the school’s administrative office. Students should submit the application fee of $79.00 by Money Order/Cashier’s Check made payable to PSI.
Note: Criminal convictions may affect a student’s ability to obtain license, certification, or registration.
Tuition & Fees
Course Textbook: $140.00
Computer Software: $260.00
Barber Tool Kit: $880.00
Total Tuition and Fees: $7880.00
Clipper Organizer Case: $120.00
Computer Notebook: $175.00
*Optional Items may be purchased at enrollment
Bladensburg Barber School offers a convenient payment plan. Only tuition may be included in the Payment Plan. The initial deposit due at enrollment will include the following:
- One (1) month’s tuition installment
- Registration fees
- Books/Software fees
- Barbering Tool Kit
- Optional item purchases
Tuition Payment Plans
Monthly Installments (tuition only)
- 30 weeks/ 8 months $806.25
- 50 weeks/12 months $537.50
30 weeks/ 8 months
50 weeks/12 months